Stuffed Bell Peppers
(Created by: Jennifer Kappes)
This recipe is something I change up frequently to fit the ingredients that I have on hand. In this particular recipe, I modified it to fit my current “diet/lifestyle”. I am doing the Ketogenic diet. It’s basically a high fat, low carb, and low sugar diet.
You really don’t need many ingredients for this recipe, which is a BONUS! Am I right!? Who wants to use a ton of ingredients to make one dinner!? Not this girl!
- 6 Bell Peppers
- 1 cup Cheese (Use what you like! I used a Mexican blend)
- Cauliflower Rice (I bought this at Costco, but you could also just cut up and put a cauliflower head in a food processor. I like the convenience of this though)
- 1 cup Salsa (Again, use your favorite. Mild, medium, spicy…you do you, boo)
- 1 lb. Ground Beef (80/20, high fat for the diet, but you could use a leaner choice).
- 2 tbsp Seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle because it has no salt, but you could also use taco seasoning)
- 1 tbsp Butter (for cauliflower rice)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil (for cauliflower rice)
Ok, so we have what we need. Already winning in my book. Go you! But, now what…?
Step 1: Brown ground beef. Drain. While beef is cooking, use another pan to saute the cauliflower rice in the olive and butter. The bag has instructions, but you just saute for about 5-7 minutes. Easy, peasy.
Step 2: Once cauliflower rice and beef are done, combine them and add your seasoning. Mix it up!
You should probably be listening to some jams, too. It helps the mixing process. I recommend this.
Step 3: Add the salsa. Stir to combine.
Step 4: Add the cheese. Stir to combine.
Step 5: Time to STUFF!!
If you want, you can blanch the peppers so they are a little softer, but I prefer mine on the crunchy side. All preference. To blanch or not to blanch, that it the question.
Anyway, stuff your peppers to the top.
Step 6: Sprinkle a little extra cheese on top. Because… cheese. Cheese is your friend on the Keto diet. Winning!
I let my kid help me with this part.
Step 7: Cover it all with foil. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Step 8: EAT.
If you aren’t feelin’ the cauliflower rice, you can substitute your favorite rice or quinoa!
I hope you enjoy this Keto friendly dinner! It’s so yummy the next day for lunch.