Caramel Apple Fruit Pizza
Looking for a delicious sweet fall dessert recipe? Now is the time to grab a couple crisp apples and cozy up with this Caramel Apple Fruit Pizza. A delicious sugar cookie crust, cream cheese frosting, toasted pecans all topped with a caramel drizzle!
- 16.5 oz. Pillsbury Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough (Two)
- cooking spray
Fruit Pizza Toppings-
- 2 large apples (diced) we recommend Granny Smith & Red Fuji
- 1 1/2 cups club soda
- 1/2 cup pecans (toasted & chopped)
- Smucker’s Caramel Sundae Syrup (refrigerated) enough to drizzle on top
Cream Cheese Frosting-
- 4 oz. package cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp. whole milk
- Start by grabbing a square baking sheet, we used an 11.5 x 17 inch baking sheet, and spraying it with cooking spray. Once thoroughly coated, use both Pillsbury Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough packages and press into the pan. Be sure to create a “crust” for more of a pizza look. Bake at instructed temperature on package until lightly golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, or KitchenAid mixer, beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Add in softened butter and beat again until smooth and evenly mixed. Add powered sugar, vanilla & whole milk to finish your cream cheese frosting. Once mixed set aside in bowl.
- In another large bowl, take apples and immediately soak in club soda after dicing. Soak for 4 minutes in club soda, drain.
- Spread prepared cream cheese frosting evenly on cooled sugar cookie “crust” being sure to leave a 1/4 inch gap of unfrosted crust on all sides.
- Top with drained diced apples, then sprinkle on chopped & toasted pecans. Grab Smucker’s Caramel Sundae Syrup and drizzle all across the top.