I tried my hand at a new recipe tonight, and while I was making it I thought how neat it would be to add a Recipes section to the blog.
Please enjoy my first recipe! If you make it too go ahead and leave a comment with your own Banana Pudding Poke Cake, I’d love to see yours as well.
Banana Pudding Poke Cake
Total prep time: 1 hr. max Difficulty Level: Easy Servings: 10-12
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix (grab ingredients on the box to make cake mix as well)
- 2 boxes Vanilla Pudding (3.4 oz. boxes)
- 3 cups Milk
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 3 ripe Bananas
- Box of Nilla Wafers
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat your oven to 350º and grease an 8×11 or 9×13 oven safe dish.
- Prepare the yellow cake mix according to box instructions. Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 28-30 minutes (depending on box baking time). Let cool 10 minutes.
- While your cake is baking, prepare the Vanilla pudding. In a small bowl whisk together the pudding packets and milk until thick. Set aside.
- In another large bowl beat cream, sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form. This may take several minutes. If using a KitchenAid mixer it takes roughly 2 – 2 1/2 minutes. Set aside.
- Grab a wooden spoon, using the bottom of the spoon poke holes all over the cake. Make sure you let your yellow cake cool before doing this, if not your spoon will come out full of cake and make quite the mess!
- Spread pudding mixture evenly on top, and top with a layer of banana slices.
- Spread your homemade whipped cream on top of the banana layer carefully. Crush a few Nilla Wafers and sprinkle all over the top of your cake.
- Add whole Nilla Wafers to the center as a garnish, top with a few extra banana slices if desired. Slice, serve & enjoy!
Thank you to Delish.com for the recipe idea! I hope you all enjoy your Banana Pudding Poke Cake!!