Back to School season!
It’s almost that time! Who’s ready to start packing lunches daily for school, without breaking the bank?! We’re going to cover everything from lunch boxes, to healthy snacks & frugal tips for packing your little ones lunches each day.
First, check out these lunch boxes that not only come highly rated by fellow parents..but are also great for organizing lunch time treats!
- Bentgo Kids- Leakproof Children’s Lunch Box: Now $27.99 on Amazon (Retail $39.99). Also available in Green and Blue!
- Rubbermaid Lunchblox Lunch Bag + Rubbermaid Lunchbox Kit: Now $18.52 when you buy both on Amazon (Retail $51!)
- Re-Play Recycled Divided Plates: prices vary by package options. These are GREAT for Homeschool families who might not need a lunch box!
It is possible to pack a healthy kid-friendly meal without spending a ton, check out our recent favorite finds to stuff in your lunch boxes below!
- Whole Wheat Pita Pizzas w/ Fruit & Veggies – find the whole wheat mini pitas at Trader Joe’s, for example! Use up the remainder of your spaghetti sauce from dinner the night before to create this delicious treat! Choose your kiddos favorite toppings and throw in a few fruit & veggies to create this healthy lunch choice.
(Photo credit to MoneyWiseMoms.com)
- Whole Wheat Sandwich Kabobs – grab a huge block of cheese for super cheap, paired with some lunch meat on sale and you can make several of these throughout the week if they’re a hit! Toss in some pretzels and fruit & veggies to finish this lunch choice.
TIP: if your kiddos are picky about eating the ends of the loaves of bread, this is a great time to use them up in the kabobs!
(Photo credit to Danielle C.)
- Chicken Salad w/ Crackers – if your kiddos are tired of sandwiches & pizza, try this out! Use leftover chicken, or cook extra during dinner pre the night before, to make your own chicken salad! Pick up a box of crackers for cheap with your coupons, kids can use the crackers to scoop up the chicken salad. Include a special treat, such as a brownie, and fruit or veggies to top off this lunch!
(Photo Credit to MoneyWiseMoms.com)
- Mac & Cheese w/ Protein – we always seem to have a coupon for Annie’s Mac & Cheese to get boxes at a great price. Check out this yummy lunch on the Re-Play recycled plates we mentioned above! Pair a serving of Mac & Cheese with a protein your child prefers, then toss in some fresh blueberries with veggies. YUM!
(Photo credit to @MamaWhoWines)
Stay tuned for updates on frugal & healthy lunch box choices, we’ll be posting these all school year long!