Smart couponers know they can stockpile the things they need, that means stockpiling for your baby too. Knowing where to begin and what is considered a stockpile price can be difficult at times, but this post should get you started in the right direction.
When looking at things like wipes or diapers we look at the per diaper or wipe cost, not per package. The bigger the package, the less diapers there are inside the package. To figure out what each diaper will cost, simply divide the cost of the diaper by the quantity included.
These are the best per diaper costs – even if you get them cheaper than this you have scored!!
Store Brand Diapers
- Size 1 – $0.09 per diaper
- Size 2 – $0.10 per diaper
- Size 3 – $0.12 per diaper
- Size 4 – $0.14 per diaper
- Size 5 – $0.15 per diaper
Name Brand Diapers
- Size 1 – $0.12 per diaper
- Size 2 – $0.14 per diaper
- Size 3 – $0.16 per diaper
- Size 4 – $0.18 per diaper
- Size 5 – $0.21 per diaper
- $0.15 per wipe
- $1.00 – $1.99 each
(Shampoo, Body Wash, Powder, etc – expect to pay more for name brand than store brand)
- $0.75 – $1.50 each
(Don’t stock up too much before birth until you know what works best for baby)
- Name Brand – $0.59 oz. @ $14.00
- Store Brand – $0.25 oz. @ $8.99
How do I know how many diapers I will need?
Newborns will go through the most diapers daily, as many as 8-10. As children get bigger and start sleeping through the night, you will need less each day. Size 3 -4 seems to be what they stay in the longest, so plan for more of those when shopping for your stockpile.
(Based on Jumbo Packs)
- Newborn – 1-2 Packs (more if your baby is tinier at birth)
- Size 1 – 10-12 Packs
- Size 2 – 5-0 Packs
- Size 3 – 40-50 Packs
- Size 4 – 40-50 Packs
- Size 5 – 7-10 Packs (when you reach this size, start stockpiling pull ups as well if you plan to use them)
Obviously the smaller the pack the more you need!
- Wipes –50 – 100 Packs No matter how old you can use wipes.
- Formula – Again wait until you know what you need, then aim for a 6 month supply
- Diaper Rash Cream – 12 – 15 tubes
- Baby Shampoo/Body Wash/Powder/Lotion – These will vary depending on what you use.
- Shampoo/Body Wash – 30
- Powder – 5 – 10
- Lotion – 30
Stockpiling for your baby means you can have more free time to spend enjoying your little one and less time out buying what you need. We hope you found this information helpful and useful when preparing for your baby!