CVS is one of the best places to shop! You can snag great deals on everything from beauty items, to food, household products and even diapers! Below, you will find the basics you’ll need to know about using your coupons and hunting deals there.
Here are some abbreviations you may encounter as you plan your shopping trips to CVS:
- ECB (Extra Care Buck) – Earned when you buy certain products throughout the store. They print at the bottom of your receipt and can be used on your next order.
- CRT – Cash Register Tape
- MM (Money Maker) – A deal that you earn cash back on or get paid to purchase
- OOP (Out of Pocket) – Cash amount you may have to pay after redeeming coupons and ECB’s
- RC (Raincheck) – You can get a raincheck on items that are on sale but the store is out stock in.
- Roll ECB’s – Using ECB’s on an item that will give you another ECB
Check out my full list of Coupon Lingo in the Couponing 101 section of the blog!
Getting An ExtraCare Rewards Card
CVS has a loyalty program called ExtraCare. You must register for this program and get your CVS card in order to earn your ECBs. Click here to sign up for the program online, you can print a temporary card to use for two weeks until your card arrives in the mail. Also, be sure to register your card online as there are often online promotions through them.
Getting Paid Quarterly
You earn 2% on your purchases each quarter, it isn’t much but it’s FREE! You’ll get this back at the end of each quarter of the year. Keep in mind, this is AFTER coupons! Here’s how it works:
- Spend $0 to $24.99 Get $0 ECBs
- Spend $25.00 to $49.99 Get $0.50 in ECBs
- Spend $50.00 to $74.99 Get $1.00 in ECBs
- Spend $75.00 to $99.99 Get $1.50 in ECBs
Quarterly Rewards Schedule
- January 1st: You’ll receive ECBs for purchases made from October 1 – December 31.
- April 1st: You’ll receive ECBs for purchases made from January 1st – March 31.
- July 1st: You’ll receive ECBs for purchases made from April 1st – June 30.
- October 1st: You’ll receive ECBs for purchases made from July 1st – September 30.
The Beauty Club
You can sign up for the Beauty Club online – it’s easy and the rewards are HUGE!
- 10% off beauty shopping pass after enrollment
- $5 ExtraBucks Rewards for every $50 spent on qualifying beauty purchases
- $3 ExtraBucks rewards on your birthday
- Exclusive emails with coupons, tips and new product info
For every 10 prescriptions you fill, you’ll earn $5 ECB. Couldn’t be easier!
- You can use the same ExtraCare card: Join Now
- You must have your ExtraCare card linked to your CVS.com account to get credit for online activities
- Each person who joins can earn up to $50 Pharmacy & Health ExtraBucks Rewards each year
- Family members sharing an ExtraCare card need to sign up individually to earn.
- Your Pharmacy & Health ExtraBucks Rewards can be used like your other ExtraBucks Rewards on most items in the store
- Balances reset on January 1 each year
The Magic Red Machine
Each time you go into CVS you want to head straight to the Extra Care Bucks Machine – AKA the Magic Red Machine. Scan your card, and then scan it again – sometimes it will print coupons the second time around as well! Coupons can be different for each person and is often based on what you buy. The Magic Red Machine also doubled as a price checker, use it to check items you think might me unmarked clearance!
CVS In-App Deals
The CVS app is amazing! All you have to do is download the CVS App on your mobile device, create an account or login. Make sure your ExtraCare account is connected and you will get digital coupons that can be used at checkout. You will receive App only coupons & you can also choose to have your other ExtraCare Coupons sent to your card! Those coupons will deduct automatically when you check out. Another way to get great deals, and again…FREE!
Now that you know the basics you are ready to get started on your first shopping trip! You will be amazed at the good deals you can score at CVS!